Monday, October 1, 2007

A Strong Back..

Don't ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back.
- Anonymous

Many times I seem to catch myself saying phrases like: “God please give me strength to be able to carry out your plan”. I have already accepted and embraced the constant challenges that come as part of being a special mom but I do need the physical strength to keep going. I am almost positive that you face similar situations constantly. Situations that involve lifting, bending, carrying, moving or dragging something during your day. If it is not your child you are transporting then it will be medical equipment, cases of medical formula or other necessary supplies. I am beginning to think that the best weight-loss program out there is being a parent of a special needs child. It’s free and you are constantly walking vigorously while under the influence of the heavy load that you are carrying. You just pray that your back and muscles will hold this strenuous kind of exercise..

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: