Monday, October 8, 2007

My Gift To You..

I’ve finally found out where I’m heading with this blog. I eventually would like to print out all the articles and bind them together as a gift for my daughter. I’m not really sure why I want to do that but I know one thing she deserves it. She has gone through so much in her young life. I feel that this will be a legacy that I will leave for her. Even though I’m with her daily, I still feel that this is the only way that I know how that helps me pour out my true emotions.

In the past I had felt guilt and frustrations at what she has had to endure. The ups and downs I witnessed her undergo while she was in the NICU was very heart breaking and stressful. I wouldn’t want to wish that to happen to any mom who had desperately wanted a child, nor on an innocent baby who had no control over what was happening to them.

Initially, I had wanted to write a book for and about Alex. I seem to have given up the idea. Maybe I truly hadn’t and it is still in the back of my mind. That could very well be why this blog was born. It may be my first step towards that book that I have dreamed about all these years.

Alexandra has taught me so much in her own way. The lessons that I have had to, and continue to learn are shaping the new me. The stronger me is learning to let go and truly trust in God’s plan. My dear Alex, this is my Gift to you..

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: