Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I asked God..

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

http://llerrah.com/godsaidno.htm 
 
It is amazing how appropriate the above verse is. As a mom of a special child, I tend to forget sometimes that Alex’s spirit is whole. She is his creation and he has made her whole, even if her body doesn’t show it. What does it matter that she is termed CP, DD, Seizures or Autistic. These are nothing more than labels created by man. Her body may face challenges but her spirit is free.

I have often been told that my little girl is a “very happy child”. I’ve also often wondered how she can continue to be so happy with all the medical issues that she has had to face and will continue to have in the future. It is verses like the one above that makes me believe that Alexandra’s happiness shines from within. It is God’s grace showing through her little face and bright eyes. It is his blessings bestowed upon her that makes her smile and laugh at the world as she keeps going on.

As a human being, I tend to get overwhelmed, frustrated and angry at my child’s situation. I must, however, stop and think and learn my lessons from her. Lessons that I can fall back on when times are tough.

It is God’s promising words that I must keep in mind whenever I ask: “why my child Lord?”

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: