Saturday, October 27, 2007

Priorities..

I've learned....That the Lord didn't do it all in one day what makes me think I can?

I am my own worst enemy because I tend to overextend myself and fall into the trap of trying to complete seventeen tasks all in one day. At least I can say that I am good at multitasking. My type “A” personality may have contributed to why I was chosen to be a special mom since multitasking is the main job description for that role. Trust me, some days, I don’t know how I can fit it all in. For that reason, I truly appreciated the above words that were emailed to me by my cousin. The trick is to keep reminding myself that I can’t do everything in one day and some things will just have to wait until tomorrow.

As a special mom I am learning to prioritize the tasks. My daughter’s care and needs takes precedence, the rest just fall behind one at a time. The motto I need to go by will have to be: if it can wait until tomorrow, then leave it alone. I guess the clean house that I’ve been dreaming about will take a long time to become a reality..

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved

No comments: