Thursday, October 11, 2007

Good Morning Sunshine..

I don’t usually like forwarded emails but I just couldn’t resist this one that I received today from a cousin of mine. Each word of this poem clearly spelled my daughter “ALEX” for me. The flow of the sentences brings out my true feelings for my child as I pray for her well being everyday. I truly believe that God has brought her to this point and will continue to hold her in the palm of his hand. He has definitely heard all my prayers for her so far. A level I (serious trauma) NICU room has a strange way to strengthening one’s faith. Alex remained in that level I for 8 months. While she was there, I couldn’t help but evaluate my life and where I was heading. I became as solid as a rock strengthened by my love for Alex and my need for God. Those were all I had. Control and choices were taken out of my hands and I had to learn to adjust. This prayer reminded me of those days and how far we’ve come. As a mom, I’ll always worry and fret over my girl, but I’ll also always know that God will be by my and her side..

This morning when I wakened And saw the sun above,
I softly said, ' Good morning , Lord , Bless everyone I love'
Right away I thought of you And said a loving prayer ,
That He would bless you specially , And keep you free from care.
I thought of all the happiness A day could hold in store,
I wished it all for you because No one deserves it more .
I felt so warm and good inside, My heart was all aglow .
I know God heard my prayers for you , He hears them all, you know.

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: