Thursday, October 18, 2007

Flying Saucers..

I still don’t understand my daughter’s behaviors or what triggers certain issues with her. After nine years, I thought that I could read her like a book. That works sometimes, but no such luck today!

Alex usually likes to go in the car, however, that did not happen this afternoon when I told her that we were leaving to meet our once-a-week library friends. She was so upset with that fact that our house turned into a sci-fi scene with flying saucers in the form of CD’s, DVD’s and other objects flying everywhere. The chairs weren’t spared either but they ended up down on the floor rather than up in the sky! What a relief for that! I can’t imagine what I’d do if chairs were flying around in my living room.

I should’ve realized that this outing was not destined to go well when I received a bad note from school today. It seems that the classroom was rather noisy and that bothered Alex to no end. She was a tad more sensitive and the noise was just a bit too much to handle. Once the scales are tipped, Alex’s day doesn’t go very well.

With all that in mind, I never should have suggested the outing. What was I thinking!! I don’t know anything; after all, I’m just the mom!!

All I can say is that tomorrow is just another day and it just has to be better than today!!

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: