Thursday, October 4, 2007

Play With Me...

I tried to teach my child with books.
He gave me only puzzled looks.
I tried to teach my child with words.
They passed him by often unheard.
Despairingly, I turned aside.
"How shall I teach this child?" I cried.
Into my hand he put the key
"Come," he said, "play with me."
-auther unknown-

My daughter Alexandra continues to amaze and surprise me on many occasions. She keeps me grounded and reminds me that: after all, she is just another kid. She takes her child duties very seriously as she exercises her right of demanding my attention on numerous occasions. Whenever I get caught up with the medical confusion of it all, she will give me the “we need to play now mommy”. She is so right! As special moms we tend to want to push our kids and strive for more. Our entire daily structure revolves around wanting to teach them one thing or another, forgetting the most basic motherly duty of just playing with them. We set such rigid schedules for them and ourselves that things get overwhelming on many occasions. We must never forget that the most effective learning comes from spending time with your child and just playing.
©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: