Monday, September 17, 2007

The Wild Child..

My poor Alex has been sick. She has only been in school for three weeks and has already contracted a virus. I thought it would take a little longer than that, especially since she is only in school for half the day. In my rationalization, I was hoping that would mean half the chances of being a virus target. Not on my life.. Anyhow, she came down with a cold, slight temp and the usual aches and pains associated with such a bug. It started a few days ago and has already developed into a nasty cough. Even though she’s had these coughs in the past, they still remain a concern for me. I try desperately to avoid them turning into pneumonia. I believe we are beyond the bronchitis stage at this point, but I sure can try to avoid pneumonia.. That’s when our trusty nebulizer comes out of hiding and the Albuterol starts doing its thing. It truly is a wonderful drug in more terms than one. It not only controls and dries the cough and open the bronchial but also turns my child into what I term as the “Wild Child”. Needless to say, daddy and I are having a wonderful time trying to convince our “Wild Child” to go to bed tonight. Hopefully the Albuterol dose will not last till past midnight. Oh well! It’s going to be a long evening..

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: