Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Birthday Party..

My daughter Alexandra continues to amaze and surprise me daily. I never know from one minute to the next what she’ll be up to or what we’ll be doing. I guess that is what can be called as “spicing up our lives”.

We were invited to her cousin’s first birthday party this afternoon. I wasn’t sure what to expect or if she would even tolerate it. It can be a touch- and-go with these gatherings sometimes. I am blessed to have a very understanding family who don’t ask questions if I have to decline an invitation or walk out of a get-together. They all know that it is Alex’s schedule that rules and not mine. This makes things much easier and less pressured for me.

Anyhow, back to the party, Alex really enjoyed it today. She greeted everyone, was smiling and walking around. She enjoyed hoping from one adult lap to another. We were both very happy that we were able to celebrate her cousin’s birthday. He was smiling and getting around, she was smiling and getting around; life just couldn’t get any better this afternoon. Happy birthday Cuz, we love you..

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: