Thursday, September 13, 2007

Spare Time..

I had to chuckle today when I heard someone saying, “I do such and such in my spare time”. I can’t even remember what this term means. As you all know when you become a mom, terms such as “spare time” or “privacy” cease to exist. For a mom with a special child, this is magnified by a 100 folds. So the question is: What does a special mom do in her spare time? Well first of all, if there is any spare time left out there, on the occasions when our kids are well, then it will be consumed by phone calls to Insurance companies, medical suppliers, doctors or therapists. Trips back and forth to some medical appointment or other. Daily Internet research that may or may not shed some light on what’s out there that can help our kids. Last but not least, numerous admissions to our local hospital that can qualify us as tour guides for such establishment as we become so familiar with all those corridors. I salute all you moms out there, specially the special ones since I know that you are walking in my shoes every day…

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: