Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Gift..

Paintings by Elaina Jamieson

Yesterday was the past.
Tomorrow is the future.
Today is the Gift - that's why it is called the present!

It was Open House at Alex’s school this evening. As I watch my child walking proudly to her classroom holding her daddy’s hand, I can’t help but be filled with pride and joy. The feelings overwhelm me since a few years ago I never would have dreamed this evening would be possible. The beginning was grim. I recall the fears, uncertainties and concerns
during her long eight months NICU hospital stay after she was born. My prayers, dreams and hopes for her at that time were the very short-term goals of just getting through each day. Sometimes, it was just getting through each hour. Once discharged from her hospital, I wondered if I could get her through to make her first birthday and then the second and so on. What a long way you have come my little princess since that day in 1998. I thank the Lord for all his blessings upon you and pray everyday that he continues to give me the strength to take care of his precious gift..

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: