Saturday, September 8, 2007

Good Days...

Alex has had two very good days. I say this with a lot of excitement and thrill. It is days like these that disability and special needs are shed aside and the true child emerges. A child who is happy, loving and playful. I joke to my friends that all the stars and moons must be lined up just right for Alex to have such a great day. I wish and pray that I can give her good days every day but that is beyond my control. Her medical needs still take over most days, which make simple things more complex to handle. All I can say is that I cherish every moment, the good ones and the tough ones. It is the challenges that make us stronger. Having had Alex has definitely made me a stronger and more aggressive person. I needed to learn those traits in order to embark on my daily fights for my child’s needs..

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: