Thursday, September 6, 2007

Celebrating Friendships..

One of the most important gifts that Alex has brought into my life are the special people that I met through her. Most of those people have become dear friends for life. Without her unintentional intervention, I may not have met these friends. Throughout these past nine years I have stopped looking at nurses, therapists or caregivers as just professionals providing a service for my daughter but rather as humans entering our lives and many becoming an integral part of our existence. Friendship is a unique gift that I cherish. My friends are my support system. I count on them and they are always there. Today, Alex and I celebrated two such friends with a wonderful lunch, cake and our weekly library visit. I salute you my friends and am blessed to have you in our lives….

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: