Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lessons Learned....

I’ve always been what can be termed as a "TRIPLE A" personality. I don’t beat around the bush and like to get things done earlier rather than later. If I have to be somewhere, I would arrive at least 10 minutes early. Things have to be done just the right way to satisfy my desire for perfection. I make sure that my I’s are dotted and my T’s are crossed just so.. You probably get the picture…
With this in mind, I find myself having to slow down when it comes to Alex. It is her schedule and not mine that rules. Her medical status doesn’t allow for things to be rushed. I’m having to learn to let go of some things as they are taken out of my control.
She continues to have difficulties in the mornings when she wakes up. It has become fruitless for me to rush her into the morning routine in order to get her to school on time. I realize that this destructive rush will only have a domino effect which can turn the entire day into a disaster. As you have guessed by now, we’ve had this kind of morning today. Her tummy is hurting due to an on going constipation problem. This opens up the door for vomiting and severe mucus accumulation. She is staying home today until this situation is resolved. I come to accept that my to-do-list for today is just going to have to wait until tomorrow…

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: