Thursday, November 8, 2007

Snow Bunny..

The temperatures here in Florida actually dipped into the upper 40’s this morning. This may not seem much for others, but for us Floridians, our blood is thin, at least mine is and a dip below 60 can throw me all off. Every year I promise myself that I would be more prepared for the cold but the change always seems to come so suddenly that it never fails to catch me off guard.

I must admit, nice cool weather combined with very low humidity results in such great sleeping conditions. It actually heart wrenching to have to leave the comfort of one’s bed to get up for school or work. Needless to say, beggars can’t be choosers and we have to get up.

http://www.professorsearch.com/search/snow

This weather change has finally suited my Alex. She had a wonderful night’s sleep last night, which doesn’t come often. This resulted in a much happier child in the morning. A child ready to go out and conquer the world. We are always amused when we see her skipping around the house as she runs in excitement for one thing or another.

I never could understand why school for special kids or any small child should start that early in the morning especially on cold mornings. But who am I to ask questions or complain, I just have to follow the rules. Therefore, in order to get Alex ready, I chose to bundle her up this morning. After all, we were having a snow drift (maybe!!) here in Florida this morning. The chill at 7:20 in the morning can be daunting for a little kid (and a big mommy, too).

It is during those mornings that I make good use of the heavy clothes that usually just sit in the closet for days on end. After all, our cold days are so numbered here in Florida. With this goal in mind, I had Alex dressed in her finest heavy gray and pink pants with a beautiful hooded fleece “strawberry short cake” pink sweater on. She actually humored me and kept the hood on while we walked across the school parking lot to get to her teacher. I do truly believe that she enjoyed the outfit and making me happy. What a beautiful site. I wish I had the thought to take her picture. I’ll have to make sure I do that the next time she is so well bundled.

My job today was done. I succeeded in keeping my “Snow Bunny” warm and happy. It just doesn’t get any better than that..

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: