Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Park..

Even though we are in the first week of November, the weather has finally gotten pleasant enough here in Florida to allow us to enjoy some outdoor activities. It was actually beautiful today as the temps finally dipped to the mid to upper 70's with a soft breeze and sunshine. With this type of atmosphere just beckoning us to go out I just had to take Alex to the park so that she can enjoy the new world that has been bestowed upon us.

We were fortunate that my mom came with us since Alex and I are visiting the grandparents again this weekend. It is very important for me to involve Alex's grandparents and family in her activities. It is those moments that create memories that are hard to forget or erase. Family moments that are filled with love and laughter. Moments we can look back upon and remember with fondness.

Alex enjoyed the park experience to no end. She attempted going up the steps and sliding herself down the baby slide as grandma waited at the bottom. Initially I was helping her go up the steps to get to the top. Slowly, I realized that my child is now capable of doing this on her own. I learned a valuable lesson today. A lesson that taught me that at some points in our kids lives, we need to start letting go. This is a hard concept for me to comprehend since, due to her rough entrance into the world and her first few years of life, I have always sheltered and protected her.

The experience was irreplaceable and we will probably repeate it tomorrow. The days of good cool weather is numbered here in Florida and we need to take as much advantage of these beautiful temperatures as possible for outdoor play.

Tomorrow, I will let my Alex go up the slide alone. I will watch the wind blowing beautiful strands of hair across her face while she smiles and claps as she completes her task. I will praise God for all his blessings...

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: