Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Prayer For You..

I can’t believe that it’s been five days since my last post. I’ve tried to be very diligent about posting regularly and am rather ashamed at this lengthy delay. Life’s daily needs has a strange way of catching up with us, thus leading us on a different route than what we intended for ourselves. In my situation, my daughter, Alex has not had a good night sleep for the past five days. She seems congested and not herself. I pray for her well being as well as the well being of all the other children out there. After all, this is the flu season and our Florida weather has been playing the roller coaster game again. One day, the temps are barely 60 while the next day it is 80. This drastic change can play havoc on any system. At least we are blessed with constant sunshine so we can’t complain.

As the thanksgiving holiday approaches, I wanted to write a special post for my daughter and all the other kids out there, special or not. I’ve been thinking about this for a few days and was fortunate to find this special prayer among some old papers that I had saved. Interesting enough, I was looking for something altogether different when I came upon these special words. God has a strange way of leading us to what he wants us to find.
So here it is, a special prayer for a special girl named Alexandra and to all the other special kids out there. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I Said a Prayer for You Today

I said a prayer for you today,
And know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart,
Although he spoke no words.
I didn’t ask for wealth or fame,
I knew you wouldn’t mind.
I asked Him to send treasures,
Of a far more lasting kind.
I asked that He’d be near you,
At the start of each new day.
To grant you health and blessings,
And friends to share your way.
I asked for happiness for you,
In all things great and small.
But it was for His loving care,
I prayed the most of all.
-author unkown-

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: