Friday, November 9, 2007

God Knew..

I finally realized earlier this morning why God gave me my daughter Alex. God knew very well that I would take care of her. He knew that I would never, ever give her up. He knew that I would be fair to her and treat her with the respect and dignity that she deserves. He knew that I would cherish this gift of his and follow his plan for her and me.

It was a challenging morning, as many of them are with a special child. Things that others take for granted, take so much longer for us to accomplish. Alex’s behavior is like a roller coaster. I never know when we’ll be high and how fast we’ll plummet down. It is not an easy ride but we’ve made it thus far.

When the roller coaster finally took a break earlier today, she sat in mommy’s lap and gave me the best kiss on the cheek. I felt tears coming to my eyes as I wondered what I’d ever do without her. In spite of all the difficulties, I knew that I couldn’t bear life without her. She is the light of my day and I love her dearly.

It is on those mornings that I turn to God and realize that I am not alone in this. He is with me and he will always take care of things.

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: