Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Value Of Time..

As I searched frantically for material to post today, I came across a beautiful and heart-touching poem that was emailed to me recently. As I read the lines, I realized the importance of the message behind them. A message about setting priorities and recognizing what is most important in our lives. I wish to share the last verse of this poem, which goes like this:

Time Waits for no one
Treasure every moment you have
You will treasure it even more when
You can share it with someone special.

-author unkown-
One of the most important lessons I have learned by having my daughter, Alexandra, is the value of time. I have learned to appreciate the small, big and in-between events because they are so special. I have learned to appreciate the good and the bad because they are part of our lives and are here to stay. All These moments are irreplaceable. They are gifts given to me by God to cherish, care for and enjoy.

When Alexandra was born prematurely, my husband and I didn’t know how long we would have her. We treasured every minute we were given with her. We valued every second that we spent by her isolate. We enjoyed touching her and performing what is called Kangaroo care for her. We had no idea that her time in the NICU will last eight months; we just visited daily and cherished our moments in the hopes of a better tomorrow. We prayed for the best for her and for whatever God planned for her tiny body.

I often come across friends who are wasting their time stressing over trivial issues. Issues that are allowed to plague the minds and poison any logic that may have existed. I tell everyone, please stop and think about what you are stressing over. In most cases, it is not so important that you can’t share good times with your family and friends. Embrace them and thank God for their safety and health.

Our journey with Alex is not over yet, but it has gotten much better than the beginning. we tell her that she is loved every chance we get. We share and overcome the good times and the challenges. We are blessed that she is still here and progressing well.

I Thank God daily for giving me the wisdom and patience to realize the value of his time..

©Copyright 2008.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right. People do spend too much time stressing over trivial things. The Bible says, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew6:27 Worrying doesn't add anything. It just takes away.

N.Hirn said...

Thank you for this beautiful bible verse. It is definitely the right one for this post.

SimplyBillie said...

Beautiful post and so very true! Life is too short and time is too precious to waste.

N.Hirn said...

Thanks Billie.