Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Reception..

Some moments in life are irreplaceable. They are, forever, treasured in our hearts and etched in our memory book. It is those moments that make everything worthwhile and help in eliminating challenges, if but for a moment or two. It is those moments that I experienced last night as I arrived back home past 8:00 p.m from a weekly class that I participate in. I had a hunch that my daughter Alex will still be waiting up for me in spite of spending a quality evening with her dad. There is just that special bond between a mom and a daughter that is hard to break. I know that I have that with my mom.

As I walked into our house, Alex turns towards the door with the widest smile shining her beautiful face. She scrambled to run over to me repeating “mama, mama”. She threw her arms around me as I cuddled her and showered her face with kisses. She held on to me as if I had been gone for days and not just an hour and a half. I held her as she settled down in her bed still firmly saying “mama, mama” to show me her joy at my arrival. Her happiness was sincere and her love is pure. I was the happiest mom in the world.

It is moments like those that I turn up to God and thank him again and again for all our blessings. Thank him for the miracle that is my child..

©Copyright 2008.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dearest cousin,
Well don,God bless you for your
fantastic care you give for your
daughter alex and lots of non sleeping nights and patience u have to look after her ,but all these efforts and hard work you feel it easy when you see your child smile & hug you and show her feelings to you how much she loves you like she thank you for the care and love you show her .
you are a great mum ,we all admire you and you are an apple in our eyes, well done and God will bless you and bless your family,
as jesus said if you plant your seeds in good soil you will get good fruit.
well done