Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year Resolutions..

Happy New Year from our home to yours. This is my first posting for 2008 so I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone health, wealth and happiness for this upcoming year.

It has been a few weeks since my last substantial posting. No, I haven’t forgotten about my blog or my postings, I have just been rescheduling my priorities. As much as I have come to enjoy blogging and pouring out my true emotions, I felt that I needed to regroup and what better time to do that than during Christmas and especially when my daughter, Alex was out of school.

As I look back at the previous year, I see many aspects that need to be changed. I realize that life is too short and we need to enjoy and cherish every moment of it. Each moment that goes by does not return. I tried to focus on this as I made my New Year resolution for this upcoming year. It’s a tradition that must be accomplished so what better time to come up with this than when I am having a revelation. I concentrated on the true priorities in my life, which are my daughter Alex, and my family. They are my pillar of strength and my fountain of youth. Spending time with them is so precious that I wouldn’t change it for the world.

Setting the emotional stuff aside, I would still like to share the small joys of the past few weeks. They have been filled with tree trimming, holiday shopping and family gathering as well as the sniffles and colds that were shared liberally among our entire family. In spite of the sniffles, we managed to have a great time. Alex has come a long way since last Christmas and actually helped me with putting our tree together, as well as taking it down. She took this job very seriously as she piled each green branch on top of the other back in the box where they belonged to be packed away for next year. She enjoyed looking at the lights adorning the tree and even participated in some gift opening. She tolerated the entire holiday event much better and aside from one tumble, our tree survived the holiday season also.

School is back in session this morning. Overall, Alex tolerated going back ok. Things seem to be going back to normal. What a joyous time it has been..

©Copyright 2008.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: