Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Secret to Happiness..

I have learned there is little I can do
in my life that will make me truly happy.
I must depend on God to make
me happy and to meet my needs.
When a need arises in my life,
I have to trust God to supply
according to HIS riches.
I have learned most of the time
I don't need half of what I think I do.
He has never let me down.
Since I learned that 'Secret,' I am happy.'
-author unkown-

I am often asked "Is she this happy always?" referring to my daughter, Alexandra. My reply is: "Yes, she is a happy child". This conversation constantly comes up even with strangers that we meet in the store or the park. It just occurred recently when we visited an assisted living facility during the Christmas holiday to bring cheer to the residents. Alex’s smile was contagious as she took the hearts of the seniors with her jovial personality and happy face.

As I reflect on that visit and many others where “Alex’s happiness” has been well noticed, I am filled with joy. I realize that, as a family, we must be doing something right to enable this child to be noticeably happy. In spite of the challenges that come with Alex’s special needs, we are still blessed with pure happiness. I believe that my faith has become much stronger since her birth. As difficult as it may seem sometimes, I’ve learned that it is ultimately up to God to supply all our needs. Things always seem to take a turn for the better and follow a course that I never accepted it would.

I see God’s miracles and wonder in my child’s happy face. I know that his Grace has provided this tiny girl with everything she needs and blessed our family with happiness above all else. I’m learning to leave everything up to him and stop mapping out my life…

©Copyright 2008.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: