Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Visitor..

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t succeed in keeping the fall viruses out of our house this past week. Two weeks to be exact! My daughter, Alex, started coming down with it a few days before Thanksgiving. I was graced with it the day after Thanksgiving. It seems that this year’s visitor is mighty strong. It defied all the precautions and remedies that I tried to take, thus rendering me helpless and without a choice but to visit my doctor. I have to say that, after a week of antibiotics, and some bed rest, I am still not 100 percent cured. The congestion in me head is still there and my strength is very depleted.

It is not uncommon for these viruses to invade our Florida environment this time of year. Travelers are down here vacationing; the temps are doing the up and down yo-yo; and things are just getting too hectic with the holidays just around the corner.

In spite of feeling so miserable this past week with flue like symptoms, I was still overjoyed to learn how important my family was. My husband took over our daughter’s full care last weekend, thus allowing me a much needed bed stay all day, and Alex must have known that mommy was not well because she continued to come in the room, shower my face with kisses and leave me alone to rest. It was as if she was saying: “my kisses will make you feel better mommy.”

She was right! Her kisses had a special healing touch, and her smile just brightened up my every waking moment. I knew that if she could, she would even bring me juice and food on a tray. One day that will happen I’m sure. For now though, I am content with the cuddles!!

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: