Monday, December 24, 2007

A Christmas Eve Wish..

I wish you a day of happiness and perfection-
little bite-size pieces of perfection that
give you the funny feeling that the Lord
is smiling on you, holding you so gently
because you are someone special and rare
-author unkown-
-image source/e-card/author unkown-
Christmas is coming!! What a joyous time of year! A time to celebrate and rejoice as we praise and worship; a time for friends and family gatherings and an abundant flow of love and affection. What better time is there to wish our special kids the true blessings of Christmas and that is true happiness and perfection. As the Christmas rush takes over, we must never forget the true meaning of this very special day, which are fond memories and love as we welcome the New Year.

With each passing year new memories are created in our household. As my daughter, Alex, develops new skills, we add those to our Christmas treasure box. This year she helped me with the Christmas tree. She handed me branches out of the box as we put up the tree together. She marveled at the lights and helped me place our Christmas cards among the tree branches, as has been my tradition for the past few years. I started this a few years ago to avoid tempting Alex with shiny ornaments. Next year, I think it will be safe to reopen those ornament boxes that have been packed away for nearly ten years.

As Christmas approaches tomorrow, I wish you my dear Alex a day of happiness and perfection because you are a very special and rare gift that was entrusted in my care..

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: