Wednesday, December 5, 2007

You Are All I Have..

The seasons change
but love remains
growing like a rose in spring
all the summer sun can bring
I will find it when I'm with you
You are all I have

By Demis Roussos


I can’t think of any greater love than a love that a mom feels for her child. It is one of those special bonds that cannot be truly measured or felt. It is just there. That is how my bond is with my daughter, Alexandra. I see her face shine when I walk into a room and that means the world to me. She runs as fast as her little legs will allow her to reach me as I hold out my arms to embrace her. Those moments are priceless and I wouldn’t change them for anything.

It is without doubt then that anything I hear or see brings Alex’s image to my mind. The above lyrics are part of an old song by Demis Roussos. You see, my daughter has an ear for music and seems to pick her favorites as we listen to our different CD options. She definitely has an ear for my ethnic culture and loves to listen to world music. The above song is among a collection on a CD that has become one of her top ten listened to, and requested music. For anyone who is not familiar as to who Demis Roussos is, please go to: Demis Roussos. You can also view this song on You Tube at this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifl6EzsZ0rs

Even though the above song is not about a child, it still describes a strong feeling that any mom can experience with her child. As each day goes by, the bond strengthens. There is never a moment that passes that I don’t think about Alex and marvel at this connections that only a mom can feel.

©Copyright 2007.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: