Monday, February 4, 2008

A Special Request..

After publishing my previous post “When My Daughter Prays”, I received a request from a parent to post a child’s bedtime prayer. I am sharing the following two prayers that were found on a children’s prayer website as a response. I particularly liked the “Good Night, God” prayer since it is short and very suitable for very young children just learning their words. The website is called “Children Pray: Advent and Christmas” and lists many other prayers that parents can share with their children.
Here are the prayers:


Thank You, God

The sun so bright up in the sky.
The moon I see way, way up high!
The soft green grass, the plants, the trees
are special giftsGod made for me.
All the people that I love
are blessed by Jesus up above.
My neighbors, friends and family
are special gifts God gave to me.
What gift can I give you my God
in heaven up above?
The thing you want the most from me
is pure and simple...Love!

--Margaret Kennedy

Good Night, God

I love you, God,
with all my might.
Keep me safe
all through the night.
--Margaret Kennedy

©Copyright 2008.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

You sound like an amazing mom with an outstanding daughter. I can only hope I have as much strength in raising my two.

N.Hirn said...

Thank you for you input. I have no doubt that you are a wonderful mom also. God bless you and your family.