Monday, February 18, 2008

God's Plan..

I’ve often wondered about what God’s plan might be for me. It is almost ten years since my daughter, Alexandra was delivered prematurely by emergency c-section due to my developing sudden preeclampsia. Never would I ever imagined or thought of preeclampsia when I became pregnant. After all, I was fairly healthy, never smoked or drank. I was working and progressing in my professional career, happily married and desperately wanting a baby. All of the above should have molded the perfect equation for a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby.

I’ve learned throughout these years that God has a different plan laid out for me. I may have lost a professional career but I have gained a stronger spiritual and emotional career that I will not trade. I have had the opportunity to meet and befriend special people that I would never have met if it weren’t for Alex. I have made bonds and friendships that will last a lifetime.

Above all, I have been entrusted with a beautiful and loving little girl that is a part of my heart. A daughter that is more than a special gift. A child that is here today because of God’s plan. Special needs or not, In God’s eyes and mine she is a perfect child.

Whatever His plan may be, I am certain that it will be a great one and I am lucky to be here waiting to receive its abundance!!

©Copyright 2008.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Najwa!

I've been reading your posts and I love them. I know how difficult God's plan for you has been. But you are an unending source of inspiration for myself, my mom and the rest of the family. You really prove that when you accept the path that God has chosen for you, only then can you see the beauty in life. For someone who has been given so many crosses to carry in life, you are still amazingly positive and full of hope. I love you and give Alex a hug and kiss for me!

Love, Dina

N.Hirn said...

Thank you Dina. I could not have made it without the love and support of all my family and friends. God always helps when we need him the most.
Love you too.
Najwa