Wednesday, April 9, 2008

**P . **U . **S . **H**…

It’s very interested how addicted I’ve become to the forwarded emails that find their way into my inbox. I am not a true fan of junk mail, but I do take the time to scan each and every forwarded email, and nine out of ten I find such an uplifting message that helps me throughout my day.

Thus, I was very intrigued when I received an email with the subject heading of
**P . **U . **S . **H**. I couldn’t even begin to imagine what message this would be portraying until I opened up and found the following:

P-----pray
U----until
S----something
H----happens

The message went on to state:
“ When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find out that God is all you need”.

Reading those words left a huge impact. They brought me back to the early days when my daughter, Alexandra, was born prematurely almost ten years ago. During those first few critical months I had nothing to hang on to but God and my faith. I found solace in prayer and the hospital chapel became my haven.

I came to know, only too well, what the power of prayer can do. I saw its strength manifesting daily in the NICU through my daughter’s and other premature baby’s lives. Even during the most critical moments in my daughter’s life, I continued to pray. I knew that, eventually, something would happen. However, in order to reach that rainbow at the end of our fearful tunnel, I had to learn how to be patient and realize that God always knows what the best time is to grant us what we need

It is without doubt that God gave me and my daughter the strength to survive those very difficult months. Therefore, I feel so blessed for He knew exactly what I needed then, and He knows what I need now. All I need to do is **P . **U . **S . **H**.

©Copyright 2008.Najwa S. Hirn. All rights reserved.

No comments: